Once you’re ready to apply for acceptance to the UMW College of Education’s Graduate Endorsement and Certificate Programs, this checklist will help you make sure you have everything you need:
- Complete the graduate education online application for admission
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Additional official transcripts may also be required to verify transfer coursework
- Competitive applicants are encouraged to have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on undergraduate course work and/or a 3.0 cumulative GPA on graduate course work.
- A résumé outlining experiences and education, including any paid and volunteer experience related to education, such as coaching, religious teaching, work with Scouts, etc.
- Verification of your current Virginia Collegiate Professional or Graduate Professional License.
- Passing PRAXIS core – reading, writing, and math – test scores (or passing scores from other qualifying tests, such as SAT and ACT). Use UMW Praxis code 5394.
- Education Application Essay(s)
- International students should also submit their Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.