Students Now, Alumni Forever
The UMW Ambassadors is the Alumni Association’s student volunteer group. UMW Ambassadors travel to regional alumni events, provide student support for Homecoming, Reunion Weekend, and help with regional and local events.
The mission of the UMW Ambassadors is to foster appreciation for and a lasting commitment to the University of Mary Washington, through programs and activities that provide service to the university, and strengthen links between students, alumni, the university, and the community.
Membership is open to any student interested in strengthening the UMW community and loyalty among the UMW constituencies, and developing strong leadership and professional skills. For more information, contact Lauren Guzinski ’13 or Chelsea Mays ‘13, UMW Ambassadors Co-Presidents.
So, what does being a UMW AMBASSADOR entail?
A few ways in which our AMBASSADORS interact with alumni include:
- Homecoming - Volunteer and cheer on the Eagles while meeting and greeting recent UMW graduates.
- Fredericksburg Forum - A highlight of each Fall semester is the Fredericksburg Forum, at which renowned speakers from different walks of life present a program in Dodd Auditorium. The Forums sell out early every year but UMW AMBASSADORS who assist with the program are allowed sit in for free.
- Regional Alumni Networking Events - What could be more fun than mingling with UMW grads at exciting events in places like Washington, D.C., Richmond, and Baltimore, to name a few? The UMW AMBASSADORS represent the student population at all alumni events.
- Reunion Weekend - After campus empties out for the summer, the alumni return for a weekend of fun! UMW AMBASSADORS give campus tours, attend class events, and help with general duties for the weekend. Watch out for the members of the UMW 1908 Society – they may have graduated more than 50 years ago, but they always return in droves to re-live their college days. You will always remember the people you meet and the stories you hear at Reunion Weekend!
- Alumni are interested in student life and always have great stories to share from their own Mary Washington experience!!
Join the UMW AMBASSADORS today!
Meetings happen every other Tuesday at 5 p.m. in Combs 139.