University of Mary Washington
132 Combs Hall
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
The Center for Historic Preservation received $73,995 in funding over the summer to study ongoing moisture problems at the Second Bank of the United States in Philadelphia, PA. Designed by William Strickland in 1819 and completed in 1824, the bank illustrates well the Greek Revival style. Today the bank is home to a large Charles Wilson Peale collection.
Recent UMW preservation alumna and current Dovetail Cultural Resource Group employee Emily Anderson recently published a story on work being done to document slave related sites in Stafford County, Virginia. This initiative is sponsored in part by the UMW Center for Historic Preservation. Documenting Our Past: Stafford County’s Slavery Site Project