Please note that the Undergraduate Events Schedule is still being updated. Dates, times, and locations of events will be added as they become available.
Friday, January 31, 2014, 9 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Marking 100 days before Commencement, this casino night is presented by Class Council. Seniors are encouraged to dress to impress and join their classmates for an evening of blackjack, craps, and roulette. At the conclusion of the night, seniors may cash in their winnings for the opportunity to win prizes.
Fredericksburg Campus, University Bookstore
Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Thursday, March 20, 2014, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Order your regalia, personalized graduation announcements, diploma frames and more on Senior Days at Mary Washington. All graduates who plan to participate in the Commencement ceremony must purchase regalia.
Regalia Sizing and Pick-up: Oak Hall Cap and Gown representatives will assist you with selecting the correct gown size, hood color, etc. Regalia orders are paid for at time of Order. The Undergraduate Degree ensemble is $59.99 plus tax. We are very pleased to announce that the Class of 2014 will be wearing regalia made from recycled plastic bottles. Each gown diverts 23 plastic bottles from landfills to Commencement regalia.*
- Personalized Graduation Announcement Ordering - Balfour representatives will be on hand to help select and order the official, customized UMW graduation announcements.*
- Class Ring Sizing and Ordering – Balfour representatives will assist you with selecting the ring that reflects your personality and taste.*
- Diploma Frame Selection – A variety of eco-friendly diploma frames are available for showcasing and preserving your diploma. During this event, frames are discounted 10% and there is no $25.00 shipping fee –saving you over $40.00!*
- Commencement Photography – Grad Images photographer will be on site to capture this exciting moment for you!
- Grad Challenge – Find out how your contributions to UMW can make a difference.
- Door Prizes–Register to win prizes such as basic announcement packages, regalia, and a FREE 10K Ring!
*The above services should be paid with the placement of orders. Checks for rings and announcements should be made payable to Balfour. Checks for Regalia and Diploma Frames should be made payable to the UMW Bookstore.
Thursday, May 8, 2014, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Seniors and graduate students are invited to a formal celebration with music, food, and a cash wine bar. Dress is formal to semi-formal. Each student will receive two free tickets and are welcome to bring a non-senior or non-UMW student as a date. Information on ticket pick-up will be provided at a later date. The tickets are the only means of entrance for the event and are used to receive a Grad Ball glass at the end of the evening. All attendees 21 + years of age will receive a wristband at the check-in table. The event is for seniors and graduate students who graduated in Fall 2013 or are graduating in Spring 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Student Activities at 540/654-1061 or email@example.com.
Friday, May 9, 2014, 1 p.m.
Dodd Auditorium, George Washington Hall
All undergraduate degree candidates are expected to attend rehearsal. Students will meet in Dodd Auditorium for instructions before assembling around Jefferson Square and processing to Ball Circle for announcements from the University Administration.
Friday, May 9, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
Dodd Auditorium, George Washington Hall
Senior Convocation celebrates the accomplishments of the senior class and includes a keynote speaker and presentation of senior awards. Following Senior Convocation, you are invited to a reception at the Jepson Alumni Executive Center hosted by the Alumni Association. The Senior Slide Show will be presented at the reception. Family and friends are encouraged to attend. All attendees are asked to dress in business attire.
Saturday, May 10, 2014, 9 a.m.
Degree candidates should line up around Jefferson Square by 8:15 a.m. The procession will begin promptly at 9 a.m.