Cate Brewer in the News
Read more about Cate Brewer.
- Brewer Plays Role at Folger TheatreCate Brewer, lecturer in Theatre & Dance, played the role of Mrs. Jennings in the two-week extension for Kate Hamill's adaptation of Sense and Sensibility at Folger Theatre. The production was directed by Eric Tucker and received critical acclaim in both its original iteration with Bedlam Theatre Company in NYC and... Read more »
- Brewer Performs in Capital Fringe FestivalCate Brewer, lecturer in the department of Theatre & Dance, performed in the Capital Fringe Festival for the third consecutive summer. The Capital Fringe Festival is: "a catalyst for cultural and community development, and a destination that brings artists and audiences together. Capital Fringe thrives on amplifying the vibrancy of D.C.’s... Read more »
- Brewer Presents at Mid-America Theatre ConferenceCate Brewer, lecturer in the department of theatre and dance, presented a paper at the Mid-America Theatre Conference for the eighth consecutive year this March. The Mid-America Theatre Conference is an annual conference of theatre academics and practitioners, celebrating the craft and discipline of theatre in America. [...]... Read more »
- Brewer Performs in Women’s Voices Theater FestivalCate Brewer, lecturer in the Department of Theatre and Dance, performed in a world premiere production for the Women's Voices Theater Festival. Hootenanny, written by Monique LaForce, is a two-person production about two actors backstage during a bluegrass musical version of Macbeth. As the backstage story between these two actors... Read more »
- Cate Brewer Understudies at Folger TheatreCate Brewer, lecturer in the Department of Theatre and Dance, was in the understudy company for Aaron Posner's production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at Folger Theatre. She will also play a lead role in Cold As Death, an adaptation of Thomas Middleton's The Second Maiden's Tragedy, for the... Read more »