Steve Greenlaw in the News
Read more about Steve Greenlaw.
- Greenlaw Honored by OpenStaxCollegeSteven A. Greenlaw was recently honored when OpenStaxCollege, an affiliate of Rice University in Houston, named a conference room after him. OpenStax is the preeminent publisher of free, open source textbooks for introductory college courses. They currently have introductory texts in Physics, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Statistics, Precalculus, U.S.... Read more »
- Honors Students Explore Washington, D.C. ArchitectureIn August, incoming UMW Honors Scholars participated in a common reading experience, reading the book "The Devil in the White City" by Eric Larson. To expand on the theme of the planning and architecture of the Chicago's World's Fair, Andrea Smith, Department of Historic Preservation, led the fall field for... Read more »
- Highlights of the October UFC MeetingThe UFC met on Wednesday, Oct. 16. Provost Jonathan Levin announced the reopening of a search for the director of academic and career services, as well as a search for the associate provost for enrollment management. Dean Lynne Richardson reported that the College of Business has submitted its eligibility application,... Read more »
- October UFC Meeting is Wednesday!The October meeting of the University Faculty Council will be held Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:30 p.m. in Monroe 210. Note the change in location. On the agenda, will be: Continued discussion of the Strategic Resource Allocation; Discussion and approval of proposals from the University Curriculum Committee; and, Discussion of the vision for... Read more »
- September UFC Meeting SummaryThe UMW University Faculty Council held its first regular meeting of the 2013-14 academic year on Monday, September 16. Highlights of the meeting included: Discussion of last June's Summer Orientation events and problematic issues with Doug Searcy, Meg Higgenbotham and Keith Mellinger. Many suggestions were offered and it was a fruitful... Read more »