Yuan‑Jen Chiang, Professor of Mathematics, earned a Ph.D. (1989) and an M.A. (1985) in mathematics from Johns Hopkins University, and a B.S. (1979) in mathematics from National Taiwan Normal University (Taipei, Taiwan). She is a recipient of a Waple Professorship, 2016-2018. She published a research book, Developments of Harmonic Maps, Wave Maps and Yang-Mills Fields into Biharmonic Maps, Biwave Maps and Bi-Yang-Mills Fields in the series Frontiers in Mathematics by Birkhauser-Springer in Europe in 2013.
Dr. Chiang has published about 30 research articles in refereed journals including Notices of American Mathematical Society, International Journal of Mathematics, Proceedings of American Mathematical Society, Journal of Geometry, Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, Journal of Geometry and Physics, Bulletin of French Mathematical Society, Bulletin of Institute of Mathematics Academia Sinica, Annals of Global Analysis and Geometry, International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, JP Journal of Geometry and Physics, etc. She has delivered many presentations at universities and international conferences in the U.S., China, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, Greece, South Korea, India, Bulgaria, Chile, and Taiwan.
Since 1991, Dr. Chiang has been a reviewer of Mathematical Review (American Mathematical Society), and has written reviews for approximately 100 scholarly papers on differential geometry and global analysis. She received grants including 15 Mary Washington Faculty Research Grants and three Jepson Funds for Excellence Grants. Dr. Chiang received a sabbatical leave for visiting the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the fall of 2001. She is a member of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America.
Yuan-Jen Chiang in the News
- Chiang Publishes Article in AEJM, Presents at MCAProfessor of Mathematics Yuan-Jen Chiang published a research article, Equivariant exponentially harmonic maps between manifolds with metrics of signature in the Asian-European Journal of Mathematics. She also presented a research paper, Leaf-wise harmonic maps of manifolds with 2-dimensional foliations at the 2nd Mathematical Congress of the Americas, which occurs every four years,... Read more »
- Chiang Publishes Article in BIM Academia SinicaYuan-Jen Chiang, Professor of Mathematics, published an article titled "Leaf-wise Harmonic Maps of Manifolds with 2-Dimensional Foliations" http://web.math.sinica.edu.tw/bulletin/archives_articlecontent16.jsp?bid=MjAxNjIwMg in the Bulletin of the Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica. She also presented her publication "Exponentially harmonic maps, exponential stress energy and stability" at International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians in Beijing, China. She was... Read more »
- Chiang Publishes Article in SABMYuan-Jen Chiang, Professor of Mathematics, had a joint research article titled "Transversally Harmonic Morphisms between Foliated Riemannian Manifolds" published in the Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics (the second paper). [...] The post Chiang Publishes Article in SABM appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Chiang Publishes Research Article in CCMYuan-Jen Chiang, Professor of Mathematics, has published a research article titled "Exponentially Harmonic Maps, Exponential Stress Energy and Stability" in Communications in Contemporary Mathematics by World Scientific Publisher. [...] The post Chiang Publishes Research Article in CCM appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Chiang Publishes Article, Presents at ICMPYuan-Jen Chiang, professor of mathematics, had a research article "Exponentially Harmonic Maps and Their Properties" published in Mathematische Nachrichten by Wiley-VCH in Europe. She presented "Some Properties of f-biharmonic Maps" at the 2015 International Congress on Mathematical Physics in Santiago, Chile. She also presented "Transversally f-biharmonic Maps between Foliated Riemannian Manifolds" at the Lehigh University Geometry... Read more »