Congratulations to Amanda Talbert, our 2014 Patricia Lacey Metzger Distinguished Achievement Award winner!
Amanda Talbert, public affairs coordinator at GEICO, was awarded the 2014 Patricia Lacey Metzger Distinguished Achievement Award. Talbert has served as a board member for many area organizations, including the Fredericksburg Regional Alliance, the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation, and The Rappahannock Area United Way. She was also the 2013 recipient of the Women of Distinction Award for Community Outreach, awarded by the Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Metzger award recognizes individuals who uphold high standards in their personal and professional lives while fulfilling a career goal of significant stature. The award is given in memory of Patricia Lacey Metzger, a University of Mary Washington professor and a founder of the Colloquium, and has been given annually since 1999.
- The Metzger Award recognizes individuals who uphold high standards in their personal and professional lives while fulfilling a career goal of significant stature.
- The award is given in memory of Patricia Lacey Metzger, a University of Mary Washington professor and a founder of the Colloquium.
- The award has been given annually since 1999.
The Patricia Lacey Metzger Award recipient will be a woman who has:
- Distinguished herself as a leader in her chosen field
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Committed, by her actions, to community service and lifelong learning
- Participated in the Leadership Colloquium @ UMW
The names of nominees not selected may carryover for one year. The nominator will be invited to update the information, leave the previous nomination ‘as is,’ or withdraw the nomination.
||Deadline for nominations|
||Deadline for the Metzger Award Selection Committee|
Past Recipients of the Patricia Lacey Metzger Award:
Dana W. A. Herlong
Herlong Associates, Inc.
Worrell Management Group
Maria S. Franklin, Senior Vice President
Union Bank & Trust
Alda L. White
Mary Louise Holmes, Vice President Human Resources
The National Bank of Fredericksburg
Lord Fairfax Community College
Gail Johnson, Founder
Mary Zarcone, Assistant Vice President Underwriting
Nancy Pierce, Regional Vice President
Natalie Davis, Director of Volunteer Services
Stafford County Government
Margaret Blackmon, Superintendent
Prince Edward City Public Schools