Congratulations to Amanda Talbert, our 2014 Patricia Lacey Metzger Distinguished Achievement Award winner!
Amanda Talbert, public affairs coordinator at GEICO, was awarded the 2014 Patricia Lacey Metzger Distinguished Achievement Award. Talbert has served as a board member for many area organizations, including the Fredericksburg Regional Alliance, the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation, and The Rappahannock Area United Way. She was also the 2013 recipient of the Women of Distinction Award for Community Outreach, awarded by the Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Metzger award recognizes individuals who uphold high standards in their personal and professional lives while fulfilling a career goal of significant stature. The award is given in memory of Patricia Lacey Metzger, a University of Mary Washington professor and a founder of the Colloquium, and has been given annually since 1999.
- The Metzger Award recognizes individuals who uphold high standards in their personal and professional lives while fulfilling a career goal of significant stature.
- The award is given in memory of Patricia Lacey Metzger, a University of Mary Washington professor and a founder of the Colloquium.
- The award has been given annually since 1999.
The Patricia Lacey Metzger Award recipient will be a woman who has:
- Distinguished herself as a leader in her chosen field
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Committed, by her actions, to community service and lifelong learning
- Participated in the Leadership Colloquium @ UMW
The names of nominees not selected may carryover for one year. The nominator will be invited to update the information, leave the previous nomination ‘as is,’ or withdraw the nomination.
||Deadline for nominations|
||Deadline for the Metzger Award Selection Committee|
To Make A Nomination
To make a nomination, please send an email to Martha O’Keefe at email@example.com by September 20, 2015. In the email, indicate the compelling reasons why you are nominating this deserving woman. Make sure you also include the nominee’s name and contact information. In addition, if she has a LinkedIn profile, please share that link.
Past Recipients of the Patricia Lacey Metzger Award:
- 2014- Amanda Talbert, GEICO
- 2013- Kara Vanderpool Ward, The Launch Group
- 2012- Martha G. O’Keefe, Germanna Community College
- 2011- Meta R. Braymer, University of Mary Washington
- 2010- Dana W. A. Herlong, Herlong Associates, Inc.
- 2009- Linda Worrell, Worrell Management Group
- 2008- Maria S. Franklin, Senior Vice President of Union Bank & Trust
- 2007- Alda L. White, Attorney
- 2006- Theresa Livelsberger, GEICO
- 2005- Mary Louise Holmes, Vice President Human Resources for the National Bank of Fredericksburg
- 2004- Kay Dunkley, Lord Fairfax Community College
- 2003- Gail Johnson, Founder of Rainbow Station
- 2002- Mary Zarcone, Assistant Vice President Underwriting for GEICO Direct
- 2001- Nancy Pierce, Regional Vice President of GEICO Direct
- 2000- Natalie Davis, Director of Volunteer Services for the Stafford County Government
- 1999- Margaret Blackmon, Superintendent of Prince Edward City Public Schools