International Spy Museum Fredericksburg is a great college town, blending the historic and the contemporary, combining small-city charm with a vision for the future. Our regional community is one of the fastest growing in Virginia, with nearly 300,000 residents. UMW students find there are countless opportunities for fun and adventure in and around Fredericksburg. Plus, you have easy access to Richmond and Washington, D.C.—two cities rich in internships, research excursions, and weekend enjoyment.
- Historic Fredericksburg
- Use your EagleOne card off campus at these UMW Business Partner locations which include popular local restaurants
- Monkee’s of Fredericksburg – Boutique shopping (Monkee’s national)
- Carl’s Ice Cream — Not to be missed
- Hyperion — Every college town needs a good coffee house
- Central Park — Shopping and dining, including such standbys as Target, Old Navy, Wal-Mart, Borders Books, TGI Friday’s, Chipotle, Panera’s and Outback Steakhouse
- Bistro Bethem – 309 William St. – a true bistro experience; modern American cuisine
- Home Team Grill – Located in UMW’s Eagle Village, HTG is a great place to gather any time of the day and offers a varied menu including homemade soups, fresh salads and sandwiches, and exceptional entrees.
- Fatty J’s — Great place to eat and relax
- The latest movies at Regal Fredericksburg 15 and Marquee Cinemas