Greetings Residence Life Alumni!
No matter how long you were a member of the Residence Life staff team, the experience has been part of the tapestry that was your life at UMW. And it’s likely continued to be part of your life – we joke that you never really escape Residence Life. The truth is that you remember things you learned, friendships you made and good times you had as part of this team.
Each and every one of you left your mark on the Residence Life program at Mary Washington. As Residence Life grows and develops, we know that you helped us get to where we are now. This is why we decided to create the Alumni Circle. Not only do we want to stay in touch with you and celebrate your successes, we want you to know what is happening with the organization you dedicated your time and energy to while you were a student here.
We look forward to seeing you at Alumni Events and hope that you will proudly wear your Residence Life Alumni Circle pin so that others can identify you as a member of the ResLife family. Keep your eyes open for special ResLife Alumni Circle gatherings at events such as Homecoming, GOLD Weekend, and Alumni Weekend.
Director of Residence Life & Commuter Student Services
The mission of UMW’s Residence Life Alumni Circle is to connect and engage Residence Life alumni with UMW, the community and each other, both personally and professionally, and to support the Office of Residence Life and Commuter Student Services and UMW Alumni Association.
- Reunion Weekend 2016: Friday June 3 to Sunday June 5
- Homecoming Weekend 2016: Friday October 21 to Sunday October 23
- GOLD Weekend 2016: TBA
What are the goals and objectives for the Alumni Circle?
- Provide opportunities for alumni that include networking, socializing, and professional development through activities and events.
- Work with the ORLCSS to provide assistance to the program and to current students.
- Hold multiple events per year and develop additional benefits and opportunities to serve the needs of all Residence Life alumni.
Who qualifies for the Alumni Circle?
- Former employees (Resident Assistants, Senior Resident Assistants, Head Residents, Desk Aides, Office Aides, etc.)
- Students must have left ORLCSS in good standing
- Two or more semesters of service to ORLCSS (summers are not included)
- Students don’t have to be staff when they graduate but they won’t receive pin until graduation (Board of AC in charge of this list)
What are the benefits of joining?
- Keep in touch with your former ResLife friends
- Up to date information about UMW ResLife
- You can become a board member
- Inducted into the Alumni Circle