- Jan 11: Housing and Dining Application available in Symplicity Residence
- Feb 26: Housing and Dining Application Priority Deadline for Pre-process participants*
- Mar 7-11: Pre-Process Housing Selection*
- Mar 13: Housing and Dining Services Application due for all other students
- Mar 26 All Day: Room Selection Day. For detailed information about how to select your room, go to housing selection details. (Eagle Landing has been condensed into this larger process.)
- Mar 28: Assign anyone who did not select during housing selection
*Pre-process selection is reserved for students in the following categories and their roommate/suite-mates. (Medical Accommodations, Theme Housing, AC Accommodations, Resident Assistants, My Room My UMW contest winners, Gender Neutral Housing, Homesteading, Mixed-Sex Suites in Eagle Landing.) Additional information will be emailed to students regarding the selection process.
Housing Selection Process Step by Step
- Decide if you will live on campus or off next year. NOTE: First year students are required to live on campus for their second year.
- Review room and board rates with the person/people paying the bill.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of the Housing and Dining Agreement as it is a legally binding agreement between the student and the University.
- Review meal plan options.
- Not sure you want to live on campus next year? DO NOT PROCEED. This does not apply to first year students who must complete their 2 year residency requirement.
- Complete Housing and Dining Application in Symplicity Residence by the appropriate deadline. NOTE: First year students must complete the housing application in Symplicity Residence to update their roommate matching profile and select a meal plan.
- Select roommates and create roommate group in Symplicity Residence.
- Discuss with roommates where you want to live. You should select at least 3 options in case your first choice is not available at your housing selection time. Review housing options.
- Review Housing Selection Details below.
- Group Leader select housing during assigned housing selection appointment time in Symplicity Residence.
Learn how to Navigate Symplicity Residence.
Housing Selection Highlights
Housing Selection will consist of 2 processes: Pre-Process selection, and Main Housing selection.
Each student will receive a housing selection appointment time based on class standing and the date of housing agreement submission. Eg. Students who have more credit hours and submitted their housing agreement earlier will have better times.
Roommate groups will select housing during the time assigned to the person with the earliest selection time. Eg. A roommate group with 2 students one with a time of 10am and one with a time of 3pm may select housing at or after 10am.
For a more detailed description of each housing selection process visit housing selection details.