ARE YOU A HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR INTERESTED IN SCIENCE OR MATH?
WANT TO TAKE PART IN A UNIQUE PROGRAM ON A PREMIER UNIVERSITY CAMPUS?
Apply to be a high school scholar in the UMW Summer Science Outreach Initiative, a four-week summer research experience!
We are looking for ten culturally diverse Virginia high school juniors to participate in this new summer program. These select students will collaborate with Mary Washington students who are majoring in STEM-related subjects and conducting undergraduate research in UMW’s Summer Science Institute.
Each of the high school scholars will receive room and board Monday through Friday and a $250 stipend. The program runs from June 22 to July 17.
Research opportunities are available in the following STEM disciplines:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time junior in a Virginia high school
- Interest in any of the STEM discipline
- Current GPA of at least 3.0
The following materials must be submitted by March 10:
- Completed SOI Application
- A one-page essay indicating STEM field of interest, describing your future goals, and explaining how this internship might be beneficial towards those goals
- Letter of recommendation from a science or math teacher
- Current transcripts
For additional information, please contact:
|Dr. Abbie M. Tomba||Dr. Kelli M. Slunt|
|Department of Biological Sciences||Chemistry|