You’ve come this far! Once you’re ready to apply for acceptance to UMW’s Master of Education with Initial Teacher Licensure program, the M.Ed. – Licensure Admissions Checklist will help you make sure you have everything you need:
- Complete the graduate education online application for admission.
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or University.
- Competitive applicants are encouraged to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work and/or a 3.0 cumulative GPA on graduate course work.
- A résumé outlining experiences and education, including any paid and volunteer experience related to education, such as coaching, religious teaching, work with Scouts, etc.
- Passing PRAXIS core – reading, writing, and math – test scores (or passing scores from other qualifying tests, such as SAT and ACT). Use UMW Praxis code 5394.
- Education Licensure Essay – Discuss a current issue in education and how it relates to why you want to become a teacher (length: 1 ½ – 2 pages, double spaced).
- International students should also submit their Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and English Language Proficiency demonstration.
Have Questions about the M.Ed. – Licensure Admissions Checklist?
Please contact Graduate Admissions at (540) 286-8030 or Email us at email@example.com, or you can fill out our Request for More Information Form. Feel free to visit our social media as well.