Are you ready to apply for acceptance to UMW’s Master of Science in Geospatial Analysis program?
This checklist will help you make sure you have everything you need to complete the process.
- Complete the online graduate application for admission.
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Competitive applicants are encouraged to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work and/or a 3.0 cumulative GPA on graduate course work.
- Transcript copies (unofficial) may be used to complete the admissions process. Official transcripts will be required once an offer of admission is received.
- Additional official transcripts may also be required to verify transfer coursework if applicable.
- A current résumé, noting all applicable GIS or geospatial-related experience.
- Résumés can be uploaded to your Applicant Status Page once your basic application is submitted.
- A personal goal statement explaining your intent to pursue and complete this degree program.
- Your goal statement can be uploaded to your Applicant Status Page once your basic application is submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Must be from qualified individuals knowledgeable about your aptitude to succeed at the graduate level in GIS.
- Your letters of recommendation can be uploaded to your Applicant Status Page once your basic application is submitted.
- International students should also submit their Request for Form I-20 (for F-1 visa candidates), International Transcript Evaluation, and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.