Renewable Scholarship Opportunity for Incoming First-Year Students
Students have a scholarship opportunity to be selected as Dorsey Scholars. These students commit their time and talents over their four years to furthering the mission of diversity, service, and leadership on the UMW campus and in the greater Fredericksburg community.
Eligible Candidates will have:
- Submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1
- Demonstrated financial need
- Diverse backgrounds including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural, socioeconomic status, disability, religion, and geography
- Demonstrated commitment to community service, citizenship, and leadership qualities
- A commitment to serving the UMW community and the greater Fredericksburg region
- Each recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- Scholarships shall be renewable annually, up to a maximum of four academic years, provided the recipient maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0-grade point system.
Submit your resume (include all related activities and your full name, address, phone number, and email) and a statement detailing your commitment to diversity, community service, citizenship, and leadership (250-500 words) to email@example.com by March 31.