Campus life brings people together – in classrooms, dormitories, dining halls, and at events and activities. All this togetherness creates many opportunities for respiratory illnesses, such as coronavirus (COVID-19), to spread.
Here’s a graphic explanation of how elimination of gatherings reduced the spread.
That is why University of Mary Washington is doing its part to help halt the spread of this virus by moving classes online and cancelling all on-campus activities and events until May 15.
Our priorities are the health and well-being of our community members as well as academic progression for our students. We remain committed to keeping the campus community informed and up to date about the best way to stay healthy as this very fluid situation evolves.
- April 1, 2020 - Information about refunds/rebates related to COVID-19
- April 1, 2020 - Announcement About UMW 2020 Summer Session
- March 31, 2020 - Emergency notification to all members of the UMW community
- March 31, 2020 - Mary Washington Healthcare Virtual Town Hall
- March 30, 2020 - Spring 2020 Flexible Grading Option
- March 23, 2020 - Stafford Campus will close as of March 26
- March 23, 2020 - Retrieval of Belongings Update
- March 21, 2020 - Updates on Move Out and Belongings Retrieval
- March 21, 2020 - HCC Moving to Staff-Only Access Monday, March 23
- March 19, 2020 - Commencement Update from President Paino
Please note that all internal and external communications may not be included in this list. View more campus messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our COVID-19 FAQ will be continuously updated to address key questions related to our response.