Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the UMW Career Center will not be hosting a traditional Job & Internship Fair during the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 semesters. Instead, we invite you to participate in one of our virtual Industry Weeks.
Employers can sign up for a one hour time slot to host a virtual session during their week. During this time, employers will have the opportunity to pitch their organization, discuss job and internship opportunities, and then take questions from students and alumni. We encourage employers to be creative in their presentation approaches. Consider panels, AMAs (Ask me Anything), or office tours. Career Center staff can facilitate/co-host these sessions via Zoom OR employers can choose to use their own platforms. If interested, we can also record these sessions to store on the Career Center website for students who were unable to attend. For more tips on virtual sessions, click here.
We will be prioritizing employers who are currently offering jobs and internships, or are planning to offer them in the fall. However, we are aware that there is uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you feel that you do not fit into one of the industries or areas listed below, consider hosting an individual virtual event. Employers should post opportunities in Handshake prior to their industry week so that students can review prior to the session.
These weeks will be heavily marketed, specifically to the majors related to the industry.
We currently have the following weeks planned:
- Business, Consulting, and Management Week: 9/7 – 9/11
- Note: We have hit employer capacity for our Fall Business week. To be added to a wait list, email email@example.com
- Meet the Accounting Firms Week: 9/14 – 9/18 (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this COB event)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Week: 9/28 – 10/2
- Note: We have hit employer capacity for our Fall STEM week. To be added to a wait list, email email@example.com
- Government and Law Week: 10/12 – 10/16
- Arts & Creative Careers Week: 2/8 – 2/12
- NGO & Non-Profit Week: 2/22 – 2/26
- Business, Consulting, and Management Week: 3/22 – 3/26
If you are interested in participating in one of our Industry Weeks, complete the form below. More information will be sent out this summer.
Questions? Contact Rose Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.