You want only the best for your students as they work to build the knowledge and develop the skills needed for success after UMW. To help you do that, the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) is excited to offer you a menu of tools, resources, and connections. CCPD would like to connect you increase the effectiveness of what you do by incorporating things like skills training, alumni speakers, or online self-assessments into your classroom or co-curricular activities. Please take a moment to review the options below and complete the program request form.
A reminder: The Career Center provides professional career advising to UMW students and alumni. We offer appointments to help with resumes and cover letters, interviews, internships, job searches, career options, choosing a major, and getting into graduate school.
How can we help you?
We are happy to collaborate with all academic departments and have a variety of options for you to choose from. Please use the request form below if you are interested in pursuing any of these options:
- Career Center Presentations: Interested in having a Career Center staff member or Peer Career Consultant present (virtually) to your class on a career development topic? We can help! Or, use one of our many pre-made videos in your class.
- Employer/Alumni Class Visits: Both employers and alumni often express interest in speaking to classes. The Career Center keeps a list of employers and alumni who are interested in this option.
- Informational Interviews: Connect your students with some of our successful alums or employers in their area of interest.
- ‘Don’t Cancel That Class’: Do you have to cancel your class, last minute? Let us know! We would love to use your class time to introduce students to a career related topic or hear from an alumni or employer.
- Event Marketing: Is your department hosting a career-related event? We can help market via our newsletters and social media.
If you are interested in any of the above options, please complete the form below.
Faculty - Program Request FormThis form can be used by faculty and academic departments to request a program or collaboration with the Career Center.