You want only the best for your students as they work to build the knowledge and develop the skills needed for success after UMW. To help you do that, the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) is excited to offer you a menu of tools, resources, and connections. CCPD would like to help you increase the effectiveness of what you do by incorporating things like skills training, alumni speakers, or online self-assessments into your classroom or co-curricular activities. Please take a moment to review the options below and complete the program request form.
A reminder: The Career Center provides professional career advising to UMW students and alumni. We offer appointments to help with resumes and cover letters, interviews, internships, job searches, career options, choosing a major, and getting into graduate school.
How can we help you?
We are happy to collaborate with all academic departments and have a variety of options for you to choose from. Please use the request form below if you are interested in pursuing any of these options:
- Career Center Presentations: Interested in having a Career Center staff member or Peer Career Consultant present (virtually) to your class on a career development topic? We can help! Or, use one of our many pre-made videos in your class.
- Employer/Alumni Class Visits: Both employers and alumni often express interest in speaking to classes. The Career Center is developing a list of employers and alumni interested in speaking to your class.
- Event Marketing: Is your department hosting a career-related event? We can help market via our newsletters and social media.
- Informational Interviews: Connect your students with some of our successful alums or employers in their area of interest.
- ‘Don’t Cancel That Class’: Do you have to cancel your class, last minute? Let us know! We would love to use your class time to introduce students to a career related topic or hear from an alumni or employer.
If you are interested in any of the above options, please complete the form below.
We welcome program requests from faculty but have closed off the period between March 14 and March 23 to further requests because we will be busy offering events and workshops to promote UMW’s first ever Virtual Career and Internship Fair (Wed., March 23, 12-3 on Handshake). Please encourage your students to attend the fair, and to attend the workshops we will be offering to help them prepare!