Appointments with Career Center Professionals
Are you unsure about your career path? Confused about whether or not to head straight to graduate school? Need a resume or cover letter review? We are happy to assist degree-seeking UMW students and alumni with career-related questions and coaching.
Appointment types include:
- Mock Interview
- General Career Coaching
- Document (Resumes/Cover Letter) Review
- Linked In/Digital Presence Review
- Job & Internship Search Guidance
- Pre-Health Advising
- Appointment hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. via Zoom, Handshake or in-person. Please review your confirmation email regarding the details of your appointment.
In-Person Drop-In Meetings
Staff are available for 10-15 minute drop-in meetings and are ready to discuss resumes, cover letters, job and internship search strategies, interview preparation, building professional networks, and more.
Days and times may change each semester depending on staff availability.
- Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays:
- 9:00 – 10:30 am
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Come to our office in the University Center, Suite 206. No appointment required.
Virtual Resume and/or Cover Letter Review
Another way for students to have their resume and/or cover letter reviewed is to email their documents to email@example.com.
To book an appointment:
- Book Online through your Handshake profile
- Handshake Appointment Request Instruction
- Call our office at 540-654-5646.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: If the University is closed, appointments will be cancelled and it will be the student’s responsibility to reschedule.