Appointments with Career Center Professionals
Are you unsure about your career path? Confused about whether or not to head straight to graduate school? Need a resume or cover letter review? We are happy to assist degree-seeking UMW students and alumni with career-related questions and coaching.
Appointment types include:
- Mock Interview
- General Career Coaching
- Document (Resume/Cover Letter) Review
- Linked In/Digital Presence Review
- Job & Internship Search Guidance
- Pre-Health Advising
- Appointment hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. via Zoom, Handshake, or in-person. Please review your confirmation email regarding the details of your appointment.
Drop-In Career Chats
Trained Peer Career Consultants are available for 10-15 minute drop-in meetings and are ready to discuss resumes, cover letters, and Handshake profile completion.
Days and times may change each semester depending on availability.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Come to our office in the Cedric Rucker University Center, Suite 206. No appointment is required.
Virtual Resume and/or Cover Letter Review: another way for students to have their resume and/or cover letter reviewed is to email their documents to email@example.com
To book an appointment:
- Book online through your Handshake profile
- Handshake appointment request instructions
- Call our office at 540-654-5646
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: If the university is closed, appointments will be canceled and it will be the student’s responsibility to reschedule.