Appointments with Career Center Professionals
In response to the current public health crisis, University of Mary Washington employees are working remotely for the foreseeable future. We encourage students to make virtual appointments with a career coach (email, phone or via Zoom). Please see below for more information.
Are you unsure about your career path? Confused about whether or not to head straight to graduate school? Need a resume or cover letter review? We are happy to assist degree-seeking UMW students and alumni with career-related questions and coaching.
Appointment types include:
- Mock Interview
- General Career Coaching
- Document Review
- Linked In/Digital Presence Review
- Roadmap Academy
- Job & Internship Search Guidance
- Pre-Health Advising
- Appointment hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. via email, phone or Zoom currently. Please review your confirmation email regarding the details of your appointment.
Available virtually and ready to assist, the UMW Center for Career and Professional Development is here to provide support and help you identify your professional development needs.
Virtual Drop-In Sessions
UMW Peer Career Consultants (PCCs) are available for 10-15 minute drop-in meetings. UMW’s PCCs are well-trained on resumes, cover letters, job and internship search strategies, interview preparation, building professional networks, and more.
- Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Click the link to join!
Upon entering Zoom, you may not immediately be able to join the meeting if a Career Coach is meeting with another student. Please note, if this happens students will be placed into a queue and greeted based on their original arrival time.
Virtual Resume and/or Cover Letter Review
Another way for students to have their resume and/or cover letter reviewed is to email their documents to email@example.com.
To book an appointment:
- Book Online through your Handshake profile
- Handshake Appointment Request Instruction
- Call our office at 540-654-5646.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: If the University is closed, appointments will be cancelled and it will be the student’s responsibility to reschedule.