Peer Career Consultant (PCCs) are undergraduate students who serve as pivotal members of the Center for Career & Professional Development team. In addition to serving as the front-line contact for students, parents, alumni and employers, PCCs also serve a critical role in many other functions of the Career Center. They are trained to develop the skills and expertise needed to assist their peers with their career-related needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to Career Center social media
- Conduct or assist with workshops and presentations to various constituents.
- Attend regular training meetings
- Assist with Career Center events such as Career Fair, Open House, etc.
- Act as a front-line employer liaison
- Assist with employer events
- Network with alumni
- Staff the reception area
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- Resume Review
- Cover Letter Review
- Handshake System Overview
- Handshake Profile Completion
- At least a 2.75 GPA
- Ability to work 10-12 hours weekly (including a few evenings)
- Ability to commit to working for BOTH semesters
- Excellent listening skills, maturity, initiative, and desire to help
- Confident in providing advice to peers
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong customer service skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
To apply, please fill out the application and include a cover letter telling us why you want to work in the Career Center and what you have to offer.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com