Type of Position:
Paid Student Aide position for fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters
The University of Mary Washington Career Center, located on the second floor of the UC, is looking for Career Ambassadors to join our team! In this role, you will assist us in running the Center’s day-to-day operations, educate students, employers, and faculty about our services and resources, and assist with preparing for and executing employer events and job fairs. Career Ambassadors will be trained to run the front desk, post jobs and internships in our database, Handshake, and assist the needs of our students and alums. We are looking for committed and motivated students with strong customer service skills.
- 2.5 GPA
- Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior status
- Commitment to serve during the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters
- Commitment to work at least 10 hours per week during the semesters
- Post all incoming internship and job opportunities, events, workshops, and sessions in Handshake, UMW’s official job and internship database.
- Assist in coordinating logistics and marketing for the bi-annual job and internship fairs as well as staff the fairs and other employer events including information tables and sessions. Some nights and weekends are involved.
- Act as front desk liaison; answering phones, emails, walk-in questions, checking in appointments.
- Assist with the internship contract and evaluation process, IDIS courses, and other special programs including Peace Corps Prep, Roadmap, and Workforce Recruitment Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Gain skills in time management, organization, communication, leadership, and team work.
- Receive training in career services areas, including resume and cover letter development, interview skills, and networking.
- Participate in numerous professional development and networking opportunities with employers.
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative and professional work environment.
Note: Hiring is contingent upon completion of all required paperwork and final approval from the Financial Aid Office.
To apply, please complete the application below:
This position is now closed.