The University is hosting commencement ceremonies following the guidance outlined on page 54 of the Governor’s Executive Order 72.
On Monday, April 26, registered graduates will receive a text message and an email with a link to register their guests for their chosen ceremony. The following information will be collected for each guest: name, email address, and mobile number. This information is required for contact tracing and allows the University to send the mobile commencement ticket directly to each guest. Only the graduate will be able to enter guest information. If a guest does not have an email address or cell phone number, graduates may enter their own personal information and forward or print out the ticket for the guest.
- Each graduate may invite 4 guests. Children/infants count as ticketed guests.
- Guests will be seated together; guest groups will be socially distanced from each other on the field.
- Guests are assigned a specific row/seat number. Tickets are non-transferable.
- The assignment and location of guest seating groups are random.
- Individual tickets are electronic and will be scanned to gain access to the Campus Recreation Field.
- Graduates will be asked to submit guest names/phone numbers for contact tracing. Only the student can enter guest information.
- One hour prior to the ceremony start time, guests will have access to the Alvey Dr. parking deck and the Campus Recreation Field. Following the ceremony, guests will be released (row by row) and must return to their vehicles and depart the parking area immediately.
- The Campus Recreational Field and adjacent restroom is ADA accessible