Why enroll? Here are the reasons. Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The curriculum provided in the 2018 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program, HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
University of Mary Washington’s program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Benefits To You
You’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits To Your Employer
Certification benefits your entire organization:
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to your organization’s strategic direction.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the global SHRM BoCK™.
Who Should Enroll?
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
|Credential||Less than a Bachelor’s Degree*
|Less than a Bachelor’s Degree*
|SHRM-CP||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 year in HR role||2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 year in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role|
*Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree; associate’s degree; some college; qualifying HR certificate program; high school diploma; or GED.
Advance your career.
If you’re not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core behavior and technical competencies and increase workplace productivity.
Have Questions About the Why Enroll Page?
Please contact Continuing and Professional Studies at (540) 286-8098 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can fill out our Request Information. Feel free to visit our social media as well.