Trade Book Specialist
Margaret Mock in the News
Read more about Margaret Mock.
- Banned Books Read Out Sept. 26-27In honor of this year’s Banned Books Week (September 23-29), a Read Out will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 26, and Thursday, Sept. 27, on Campus Walk, in front of Lee Hall, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Faculty, administrators, and students will read from selected banned books. The event,... Read more »
- Margaret Mock: Buy the BookMargaret Mock knew she wanted to end up at the University of Mary Washington when she arrived in Fredericksburg 50 years ago this month. She was a young mother, living in Marye’s Heights and pushing a baby stroller around the nearby campus. “One day,” she told her friend, “I’m going to... Read more »
- Banned Book WeekIn recognition of Banned Books Week,. the University Bookstore will sponsor readings from banned books by professors from the English, Linguistics and Communication Department. Each year the American Library Association’s Office for Intellectual Freedom records hundreds of attempts by individuals and groups to have books removed from library shelves and... Read more »
- University Book Club to Meet Sept. 20The University Book Club will meet on Wednesday, Sept. 20, from noon to 1 p.m. in the Bookstore to discuss "A Man Called Ove," a New York Times bestseller by Fredrik Backman. Members and visitors are welcome. Contact Margaret Mock, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions. [...] The post University Book Club... Read more »
- UMW Book Club to Meet Aug. 16The UMW Book Club will meet on Wednesday, August 16, from noon to 1 p.m. in the University Bookstore. The book selection this month is any title by Carrie Fisher. Both club members and visitors are welcome. Contact Margaret Mock at ext. 1017 with questions. [...] The post UMW Book Club... Read more »