Students can now log into the UMW Banner Portal to web accept or web decline student loans. Please follow the directions below:
- Login to UMW Banner Portal (You will need to provide your credentials, if you have an issue finding this, please contact the IT Help Desk at (540) 654-2255)
- Click “My Award Information”
- Click “Award by Aid Year” and select choose the appropriate academic year. Submit.
- Click on “Award Overview”. Please review your award package before you make your decision to accept or decline your student loans.
- Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab and use the drop box to accept/decline your federal loans. You may also choose to accept or decline a portion of your loans by entering the desired amount of the loan in the boxes. Be sure to accept your subsidized loans first, as they do not accrue interest while enrolled.
- Once you have completed this step, please submit the page.
***Please note that if you are a first time borrower, you will also need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note.
This is the only way to accept or decline all or a portion of offered student loans. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or (540) 654-2468, if you have any questions.