Themed Living Communities for Upperclass Students
It’s time to add some TLC to your home at UMW!
UMW’s Themed Living Communities (TLC) provide upperclass students with the opportunity to live together and further engage in learning outside of the classroom. Themed Living Communities offer students the chance to bond with their peers through opportunities for small group discussion and reflection on topics of common interest while providing unique experiences to connect with faculty, staff, and community leaders!
Themed Living Communities integrate academics, career preparedness, leadership, and social interactions with outside interests. Students can live with others who share their enthusiasm about specific topics! Although each Themed Living Community has a different focus determined by the group, the goals of Themed Living Communities are to:
- Enhance student’s overall educational experiences;
- Foster learning through group discussion, activities and reflection;
- Establish a sense of community;
- Encourage support and respect of self, community, and world.
Previous Themed Living Communities included:
- No Man’s Land
- Think Tank
- Cooking And Gaming for Everyone (C.A.G.E.)
- Green House (Sustainable Living)
- International Living Community (I.L.C)
- Korean Exchange Program
- Pawnee Goddesses (Women’s Leadership)
- Physically Active Fitness Friends (P.A.F.F.)
- UMW Dead Poets Society
We invite faculty, staff, and students to organize new communities which can be created for students of all majors. Themed Living Communities are able to apply for housing in any of the upperclass residence halls or apartments (Eagle Landing and UMW Apartments included). Those participating in Themed Living Communities also receive priority selection, selecting their housing prior to the general UMW population.
The TLC application link can be found in the On-Campus Housing and Dining Application.
2020-2021 TLC abstracts
Contact Dave Fleming, Assistant Dean of Residence Life and Housing at email@example.com if you have questions.