“Nothing is the same without our vibrant community on campus….As a collegial and caring community, we are in this together.” -President Troy Paino
Fall 2020 at a Glance
Our academic calendar will change in both fall and spring.
- In the fall, classes and exams will continue remotely after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- In the spring, classes will start on January 25 and continue to Commencement on May 8.
We will eliminate fall and spring breaks and hold classes on Labor Day.
We will have online courses, face-to-face courses, and hybrid courses.
The Fall 2020 course schedule reflects the many classroom and modality changes. Schedule adjustment will begin on Monday, July 27.
- Move-in for first-year students will start on August 20 and extend over three days.
- Move-in for returning students will begin on August 22.
- Early drop-off of possessions will be available to Eagle Landing residents in early August.
Hygiene and Sanitation
In addition to cleaning, distancing, and masking, we will also monitor our health and attest to any symptoms on a daily basis. We will all share in the “Mary Washington Pledge” recognizing that what we each do individually shapes the health and well-being of our entire community.
Before You Return
All students, faculty and staff, will be asked to restrict their travel and any high risk activities, and to limit their interaction with other people, for two weeks prior to their August arrival.