As we return to instruction in 2021, we will continue under generally the same guidelines and policies as our initial return to campus in fall 2020.
We will monitor new developments in testing and continue to share the status of the virus within the UMW community through our COVID-19 Dashboard.
Our academic calendar will include a new January 2021 term. Spring Break will be eliminated to reduce the spread of the virus, but two semester “break days” will be offered.
- January Term will be offered remotely from January 4 to January 22.
- Spring-term classes will start remotely on January 25. On-campus instruction will begin February 1. Commencement is scheduled for May 8.
- Break days will be Wednesday, March 10, and Tuesday, March 16.
- January Term courses will be offered online only.
- Plans for the Spring Semester are to continue to offer online courses, face-to-face courses, and hybrid courses. Our course schedule reflects the classroom and modality options.
Hygiene and Sanitation
We will continue to practice MMDC, complete the daily attestation, and share in the Mary Washington Pledge, recognizing that what we each do individually shapes the health and well-being of our entire community.