Jason Davidson, Professor of Political Science and International Affairs, earned a Ph.D. (2001) and an M.A. (1999) in government from Georgetown University, and a B.A. (1996) in political science from the University of California at Berkeley.
Dr. Davidson was the 2007 recipient of UMW’s Alumni Association Outstanding Young Faculty Award and a two-time recipient of the Academic Affairs Council Professors’ Appreciation Award. He was awarded a UMW Jepson Fellowship for 2005-06 for the project titled “Signaling Resolve in Contemporary American Foreign Policy.”
He is the author of two books, The Origins of Revisionist and Status-quo States (Palgrave Macmillan, 2006) and America’s Allies and War: Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq (Palgrave Macmillan, 2011). His articles have been published in peer-reviewed journals such as Contemporary Security Policy, Modern Italy, Security Studies, and The Nonproliferation Review. Finally, Dr. Davidson has written chapters in books such as Power in Transition: The Peaceful Change of International Order, Sanctions as Economic Statecraft: Theory and Practice, and Italy in the Post-Cold War Order: Adaptation, Bipartisanship, Visibility.
Dr. Davidson is a specialist in American Foreign and Security Policy, British, French and Italian Foreign, and Security Policy, and International Security. He has been invited to deliver lectures at venues such as the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research, the United States Marine Corps War College, the University of Rome (Roma Tre), and the University of Bologna.
Jason Davidson in the News
- It has always been ‘America first’: why Trump is different (Aspenia)[...] The post It has always been ‘America first’: why Trump is different (Aspenia) appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Davidson Lectures at University of GenoaJason Davidson, professor of Political Science and International Affairs, delivered an invited lecture titled "America Entangled: Explaining U.S. Alliances 1778-2016" at the University of Genoa on June 30. The lecture was the last in a series titled "War, conflicts, and peace-building" organized by the the Department of Political Science. [...] The post Davidson... Read more »
- Davidson Publishes Article in Democracy and SecurityProfessor of Political Science and International Affairs Jason W. Davidson's article "Heading for the Exits: Democratic Allies and Withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan" was recently published by Democracy and Security, a peer-reviewed journal. [...] The post Davidson Publishes Article in Democracy and Security appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Davidson Publishes in Cahiers de la MéditerranéeThe Cahiers de la Méditerranée, the peer-reviewed journal of the Université de Nice, recently published "Italy, British resolve and the 1935-36 Italo-Ethiopian War" by Jason W. Davidson, associate professor of Political Science and International Affairs. [...] The post Davidson Publishes in Cahiers de la Méditerranée appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Davidson Presents ResearchJason Davidson, associate professor of Political Science and International Affairs, presented a paper entitled "The Irrelevance of Radical Parties in Coalition Foreign Policy: Italy and the Extremity Hypothesis" during The Italian Left and Foreign Policy conference at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. The paper was coauthored with... Read more »