Come visit UMW, one springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us! We also have some exciting campus renovations happening!
Tours and Information Sessions
Please note that sessions and tours are limited to one guest to allow as many students to visit as possible. If the session or tour is smaller, more than one guest may join but that is not guaranteed.
- Campus Tour and Information Session: Tours and sessions start at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday tours (tours only) will start at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please note for the summer, tours and sessions will leave from the University Center, Ballroom C except between June 22-July 2 when they will leave from the Anderson Center. Saturday tours will still leave from the University Center.
Enhanced Summer Visits
Join us for an Enhanced Admissions Session, Campus Tour, and College Sampler. In addition to having a session and campus tour, attend a break out session and hear from a representative from the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, or College of Education. The event will run from 9:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Register by selecting a date below.
The registration process will contain an arrival protocol to minimize risk for yourself, your guests, and the campus community. UMW is adhering to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Governor Northam’s “Forward Virginia” plan, and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- Virtual Information Sessions: Pre-registration is required for the online webinars, including daily information sessions and special topics.
- Virtual transfer sessions: Sessions are held at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Attend the sessions and learn about the admissions process at UMW.
- Interviews: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2021 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW before interviewing. The student must complete the interview by February 1 for consideration.
- Open Houses: Register now for a virtual open house.
Recorded Information and Interest Sessions
Please check out our YouTube channel that has a variety of academic interest sessions and sample class lectures.
Get a Feel for UMW
How to get here:
SUMMER: The main campus is located at 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. Tours and sessions will leave from the University Center, Ballroom C Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. and on Saturday tours will leave from the University Center at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please view the campus map for location details.
FALL: The main campus is located at 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. In Lee Hall, Room 301, the Office of Admissions is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please view the campus map for location details.
Where to stay:
UMW has three preferred lodging partners: Country Inn & Suites, Hyatt Place Fredericksburg, and Residence Inn. All three provide extensive amenities, including free WiFi, parking, indoor swimming pools, fitness centers, meeting spaces, and free breakfast when reserved using the UMW affiliate link or code. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.