Come visit UMW, one springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us, including On-Campus Visits, Off-Campus Opportunities and Virtual Interviews.
We welcome prospective students on campus for an information session and tour but interviews will remain virtual this year.
- Campus Tour and Information Session– Tours and sessions will start at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Please come to Lee Hall, suite 301 to check-in for your visit.
- Open House – February 20 and April 7
- Shadow a Student – Reserved for high school seniors and transfer students. Visit campus and experience both academic and community life at UMW. You’ll be matched up with a current student for your experience.
COVID Protocols for Visits
The registration process will contain an arrival protocol to minimize risk for yourself, your guests, and the campus community. UMW is adhering to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- Masks are no longer required anywhere on UMW property, except healthcare settings (Student Health Center, Talley Center for Counseling Services, Athletic Training room). Masks are recommended when in close proximity of others for a prolonged period of time, particularly indoors. Prior to arriving on campus, please self-assess your health and exposure to determine if a campus visit is appropriate for you at this time. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community and our visitors safe and healthy.
Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly.
Interviews are not required but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2023 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW before interviewing. The student must complete the interview by February 1 for consideration.
College Fairs and High School Visits – We hope to see you as we’re traveling this year; just enter your zip code to find out when we’ll be near you!
Regional Receptions – We’re bringing a team of current students, alumni, and UMW staff on the road to meet you! For qualified seniors who apply prior to the event, we will provide on-the-spot admissions decisions.
- Tidewater, VA – November 17
Recorded Information and Interest Sessions
Please check out our YouTube channel that has a variety of academic interest sessions and sample class lectures.
Get a Feel for UMW
How to get here:
The main campus is located at 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. In Lee Hall, Room 301, the Office of Admissions is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please view the campus map for location details.
Where to stay:
UMW has a preferred lodging partner. While visiting, you can get booking codes or links for UMW Friends and Family rates. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.