Come visit UMW, one springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us! We also have some exciting campus renovations happening!
We welcome prospective students on campus for an information session and tour but interviews will remain virtual this year.
- Campus Tour and Information Session: Tours and sessions start at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday tours (tours only) will start at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please come to Lee Hall to check-in for your visit.
- Campus Tour and Information Session for Transfer Students – Saturday, October 23 at 10:30 a.m. Please come to Lee Hall to check-in for your visit.
- Open House: Register now to attend on September 25, October 16, November 6, February 21, and April 15!
COVID Protocols for Visits
The registration process will contain an arrival protocol to minimize risk for yourself, your guests, and the campus community. UMW is adhering to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Governor Northam’s “Forward Virginia” plan, and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- All unvaccinated employees, students and visitors are still required to wear masks inside any university building and are encouraged to do so when outside in group settings.
- UMW is strongly recommending for now that all employees, students, and visitors regardless of vaccination status, wear masks when indoors where social distancing is not possible.
Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly.
Interviews are not required but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2022 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW before interviewing. The student must complete the interview by February 1 for consideration.
You can also schedule your interview directly with your admissions counselor. Find out who your counselor is and then select your counselor below to see their interview schedule and availability:
- Virtual Information Sessions: Pre-registration is required for the online webinars, including daily information sessions and special topics.
- Virtual transfer sessions and appointments: Sessions are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 4 p.m. Appointments are Friday afternoons between 12-3 p.m. Register and get all your UMW questions answered.
- Open House: Register now to attend virtually on October 30!
Recorded Information and Interest Sessions
Please check out our YouTube channel that has a variety of academic interest sessions and sample class lectures.
Get a Feel for UMW
How to get here:
FALL: The main campus is located at 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. In Lee Hall, Room 301, the Office of Admissions is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please view the campus map for location details.
Where to stay:
UMW has three preferred lodging partners: Country Inn & Suites, Hyatt Place Fredericksburg, and Residence Inn. All three provide extensive amenities, including free WiFi, parking, indoor swimming pools, fitness centers, meeting spaces, and free breakfast when reserved using the UMW affiliate link or code. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.