Come visit UMW, one springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us! We also have some exciting campus renovations happening!
On-Campus Tours and Information Sessions
- Tours: Campus tours will be 60 minutes long and will occur at 10:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Information sessions: In-person information sessions are 30 minutes long and held at 10:15 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The registration process will contain an arrival protocol to minimize risk for yourself, your guests, and the campus community. UMW is adhering to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Governor Northam’s “Forward Virginia” plan, and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
- Virtual Information Sessions: Pre-registration is required for the online webinars, including daily information sessions and special topics.
- Virtual transfer sessions: Sessions are held at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Attend the sessions and learn about the admissions process at UMW.
- Interviews: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2021 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW before interviewing. The student must complete the interview by February 1 for consideration.
- Virtual Tour – Take a tour of campus lead by a Washington Tour Guide. Held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons at 3:30 p.m.
- Chat with a Current Student – Have a casual conversation with some of our students. Held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6 p.m.
- Open Houses: Register now for a virtual open house.
Recorded Information and Interest Sessions
Please check out our YouTube channel that has a variety of academic interest sessions and sample class lectures.
Get a Feel for UMW
How to get here:
Where to stay:
UMW has three preferred lodging partners: Country Inn & Suites, Hyatt Place Fredericksburg, and Residence Inn. All three provide extensive amenities, including free WiFi, parking, indoor swimming pools, fitness centers, meeting spaces, and free breakfast when reserved using the UMW affiliate link or code. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.