One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us!
Please note that the UMW is doing its part to help halt the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) by moving classes online and cancelling all on-campus activities and events until May 15. Please call before coming to campus.
Currently, organized information sessions and student guided tours are not available. We are hosting virtual information sessions. We hope you register to join us and find out more about life at Mary Washington.
Virtual Information Sessions – Pre-registration is required for the online webinars including daily information sessions and special topics. Please check the calendar for dates and times of sessions and to register.
We hope to start offering on campus information sessions and tours after May 15.
- Tours & information sessions: Learn about UMW and take a student-led tour. Sessions are held Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and most Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. When you’ve arrive on campus, check in is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Transfer information sessions: Learn about the transfer admissions process at UMW and take a tour. Registration is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Open houses: Get a glimpse of UMW academics, athletics, and student life. See classrooms, residence halls, and other key campus spots.
- Shadow a student: Get up close and personal! Pick your visit (fall or spring) based on your academic interests and follow a current student through a typical day on campus. Reserved for high school seniors.
- Interview: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2020 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW prior to interviewing. The interview must be completed by February 1 for consideration.
- Group tours: Register in advance to tour UMW and our amazing facilities with a group from your middle- or high-school, or other organization.
Can’t Make it to Campus?
We hope to see you on the road as we’re traveling. Find out where we’ll be next!
How to get here:
Where to stay:
UMW has three preferred lodging partners: Country Inn & Suites, Hyatt Place Fredericksburg, and Residence Inn. All three provide extensive amenities, including free WiFi, parking, indoor swimming pools, fitness centers, meeting spaces, and free breakfast when reserved using the UMW affiliate link or code. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.