One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us!
- Tours & information sessions: Learn about UMW and take a student-led tour. Sessions are held Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and most Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. When you’ve arrive on campus, check in is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Transfer information sessions: Learn about the transfer admissions process at UMW and take a tour. Registration is in Lee Hall, room 301. Fall dates: November 13 and 20; December 11. Transfer information and credit evaluation sessions will occur on November 13 (nursing students only), November 14 (BLS students only), and November 20.
- Open houses: Get a glimpse of UMW academics, athletics, and student life. See classrooms, residence halls, and other key campus spots.
- Shadow a student: Get up close and personal! Pick your visit (fall or spring) based on your academic interests and follow a current student through a typical day on campus. Reserved for high school seniors.
- Interview: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2020 admission candidates and are available between July 1-February 1. Students must apply to UMW prior to interviewing. The interview must be completed by February 1 for consideration.
- Group tours: Register in advance to tour UMW and our amazing facilities with a group from your middle- or high-school, or other organization.
Can’t Make it to Campus?
We hope to see you on the road as we’re traveling. Find out where we’ll be next!
We’re coming to you!
Attend a reception where you’ll meet faculty members, admissions staff, and current students, and discover why the University of Mary Washington is the right size, the right setting, and the right value. For qualified seniors who apply by the date listed below, we will provide on-the-spot admission decisions. To register for one of the receptions, please click on the link below.
Maryland – November 6 from 6:30-8 p.m.
5430 Vantage Point Road
Columbia, MD 21044
(Qualified seniors can apply by November 4 to receive an admissions decision.)
Richmond, VA – November 11 from 6:30-8 p.m.
Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen
2880 Mountain Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
(Qualified seniors can apply by November 6 to receive an admissions decision.)
Tidewater, VA – November 18 from 6:30-8 p.m.
235 E Plume Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
(Qualified seniors can apply by November 14 to receive an admissions decision.)
- It’s not like being here, but you can get a feel for UMW by following along with this interactive video tour.
How to get here:
Where to stay:
Located in Eagle Village, across the highway from UMW’s main campus, Hyatt Place is the University’s preferred hotel partner and offers special rates for UMW visitors. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.