One springtime stroll under the magnificent pale-pink blossoms of the cherry trees on Campus Walk, and you won’t want to leave. Whatever the season, it’s always a great time to visit the University of Mary Washington. Meet our master teachers; catch up with current students; check out our classrooms, stately Georgian architecture, and beautiful wooded campus; and explore historic downtown Fredericksburg. There are so many ways to get to know us!
- Tours & information sessions: Learn about UMW and take a student-led tour. Separate sessions are offered for high school students, transfer students, and those interested in our graduate courses. Sessions are held Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and most Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. When you’ve arrive on campus, check in is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Transfer information sessions: Learn about the transfer admissions process at UMW and take a tour. Sessions will be held on Wednesday afternoons at 3:30 p.m. between May 23-August 15. Registration for sessions is in Lee Hall, room 301.
- Open houses: Get a glimpse of UMW academics, athletics, and student life. See classrooms, residence halls, and other key campus spots.
- Shadow a student: Get up close and personal! Pick your visit (fall or spring) based on your academic interests and follow a current student through a typical day on campus. Reserved for high school seniors.
- Interview: Applying to UMW as a first-year student? Share who you are with our Admissions staff directly. Interviews are not required, but will place you in consideration for a “Taking Flight” scholarship that ranges between $1,000-$2,000. Interviews are reserved for high school seniors for fall 2019 admission candidates. Students must apply by the February 1 Regular Admission filing date and the interview must be completed by February 1 for consideration.
- Group tours: Register in advance to tour UMW and our amazing facilities with a group from your middle- or high-school, or other organization.
- Chat online: Learn about UMW right on your laptop. Ask questions and talk online with current students or staff, or choose a chat about our undergraduate business program, international studies, and other topics.
- It’s not like being here, but you can get a feel for UMW by following along with this guided interactive tour.
How to get here:
Where to stay:
Located in Eagle Village, across the highway from UMW’s main campus, Hyatt Place is the University’s preferred hotel partner and offers special rates for UMW visitors. For information on other nearby accommodations and attractions, visit the Fredericksburg Visitor Center.