- Melchers Museum Staff Receive Preservation Award
- UMW Exceeds Founder’s Day Challenge
The University of Mary Washington raised nearly $130,000, exceeding a six-week Founder’s Day Challenge in celebration of the 107th anniversary on Saturday, March 14.
- State Superintendent, Ambassador to Speak at UMW Commencement Ceremonies
Virginia’s chief education officer and a distinguished U.S. diplomat will speak at the 2015 commencement ceremonies for the University of Mary Washington Friday, May 8 and Saturday, May 9.
- UMW Professor Assesses Afghan Political Party Initiative
Young Afghan political party activists who received training through a pro-democracy initiative offer hope for effective democratic elections in the war-torn country, according to University of Mary Washington Professor Ranjit Singh, who recently returned from a 10-day research and reporting trip to Afghanistan.
- UMW Offers Seamless Transition to Sweet Briar Students
Announcement from Richard V. Hurley, President of UMW
The entire University of Mary Washington community has been saddened to learn of the decision to close Sweet Briar College. Our two great institutions are very similar and share both a common history and a deep