Janine S. Davis is an Assistant Professor in the College of Education. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in general teaching methods, English methods, and educational research. Her research focuses on pre-service and in-service teacher persona development and presentation. She is a member of the American Educational Research Association, National Council of Teachers of English, the Association of Teacher Educators, and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. Recent publications appear in Current Issues in Education.
Before coming to UMW, Dr. Davis taught secondary English and Journalism in northern California and English and ESOL in Virginia.
Janine Davis in the News
- Davis, Clayton and Broome Publish ArticleJanine Davis, Courtney Clayton and John Broome's article titled "Thinking like researchers: Action research and its impact on novice teachers' thinking" was recently published in Educational Action Research. Full article can be found at http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/dxsxQffQmWmfXxZhFXti/full [...] The post Davis, Clayton and Broome Publish Article appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Davis Publishes Book and ArticleJanine S. Davis, assistant professor in the College of Education, has published a text titled Building a Professional Teaching Identity on Social Media: A Digital Constellation of Selves. The text was initiated during her work on the Digital Scholars Institute in 2014-15 and was completed during her Jepson fellowship year in 2015-16. The text features... Read more »
- COE Faculty Present at AERA ConferenceJanine Davis, Courtney Clayton, and John Broome, all assistant professors in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, presented their research at the annual conference of the American Educational Research Association on “The Power of Educational Research for Innovation in Practice and Policy” in Philadelphia on April 6, 2014. Their study... Read more »
- Davis Presents, Publishes ArticleJanine S. Davis, assistant professor of curriculum and instruction, presented her research paper "The Long and Short of It: Preservice Teacher Pecha Kucha and Memoir" at the National Council of Teachers of English annual conference in Boston on Nov. 22. She also served as a social media correspondent for the... Read more »
- COE Faculty Member Presents Talk, Writes ArticleJanine Davis, assistant professor of curriculum and instruction and alumna of Virginia Tech, was selected from over 100 nominees to present at the TEDxVirginia Tech event on Nov. 9. Her talk, entitled "Persona as Mirror, Wall, or Window," addresses the connections and boundaries that exist when we enact personae in... Read more »