Randall Helmstutler in the News
Read more about Randall Helmstutler.
- Mathematics Faculty Participate in Joint Mathematics MeetingsEight members of the Department of Mathematics presented at the annual Joint Mathematics Meetings in Atlanta in January. The JMM is the largest mathematics conference in the country, with registrations this year exceeding 6,000 participants. Highlights of the meeting include: Randall Helmstutler, chair and associate professor, presented the talk "Generalized dihedral... Read more »
- Lee Publishes Research Article in KSIAMAssociate Professor of Mathematics Leo Lee saw the recent publication of his paper "The h x p Finite Element Method for Optimal Control Problems Constrained by Stochastic Elliptic PDEs" in the Journal of the Korean Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. Dr. Lee presented a talk on the results of... Read more »
- Randall Helmstutler Publishes ArticleAssociate Professor and Chair of Mathematics, Randall Helmstutler, published the article "Conjugate pairs of categories and Quillen equivalent stable model categories of functors." It appears in a recent issue of the peer-reviewed Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra. [...] The post Randall Helmstutler Publishes Article appeared first on EagleEye.... Read more »
- Julius Esunge Active at Joint Mathematics MeetingsProfessor Julius Esunge from the Department of Mathematics attended the annual Joint Mathematics Meetings in January, held this year in Baltimore. At the meeting Dr. Esunge participated in the mini-course "Game Theory – path to quantitative literacy" and also served as a judge for the annual MAA undergraduate research poster... Read more »
- Leo Lee Presents at Joint Mathematics MeetingsProfessor Jangwoon "Leo" Lee presented his latest research at the annual Joint Mathematics Meetings in January, held this year in Baltimore. Dr. Lee's talk was titled "An Optimization Based Domain Decomposition Method for PDEs with Random Inputs." [...] The post Leo Lee Presents at Joint Mathematics Meetings appeared first on... Read more »