Rita Dunston in the News
Read more about Rita Dunston.
- UMW Hits High Notes With New PianosAndrew Kraus was in the middle of a performance when he heard it. After playing the first of Brahms’s powerful and dramatic Rhapsodies, Op. 79, he began playing a softer piece. As his hands danced deftly and gracefully across the keys, he heard a distinctive “twang” that rang out through… Read more »
- UMW Chemistry Professor Receives Distinguished Research AwardCharlie Sharpless had a problem to solve. He was finishing his post-doctoral fellowship and wasn’t quite sure where to go next. He loved teaching and conducting research, but there were few positions at large research universities where he could mix these two elements. But with the University of Mary Washington,… Read more »
- Donors Go ‘All In’ to Break Mary Wash Giving Day RecordThe UMW family, across the country and across the world, came together to make history Tuesday, March 19, on Mary Wash Giving Day. During the 24-hour online fundraising marathon, donors in 45 states and seven countries made 3,533 gifts totaling $586,493* to benefit students and programs across the University, including… Read more »
- UMW Chili Cook-Off Winners AnnouncedUMW's Chili Cook-Off was another successful SAC event. More than 60 staff members came to the Chandler Ballroom in the University Center to taste 11 chili dishes and four cornbread recipes and vote on their favorite. For the first time ever, UMW had a double winner with Rita Dunston, University Registrar, winning for both chili and cornbread. Congratulations,… Read more »
- Peace Corps Top Producer: UMW Alums Serve GloballyPasha was cutting a heart from a piece of paper when his scissors slipped and his finger started to bleed. The wound didn’t hurt the middle-school boy as badly as the words of his classmates, who – worried that Pasha could have HIV – shrieked in fright that his blood… Read more »