Dir of Financial Aid
Timothy Saulnier in the News
Read more about Timothy Saulnier.
- UMW Hits High Notes With New PianosAndrew Kraus was in the middle of a performance when he heard it. After playing the first of Brahms’s powerful and dramatic Rhapsodies, Op. 79, he began playing a softer piece. As his hands danced deftly and gracefully across the keys, he heard a distinctive “twang” that rang out through… Read more »
- UMW Chemistry Professor Receives Distinguished Research AwardCharlie Sharpless had a problem to solve. He was finishing his post-doctoral fellowship and wasn’t quite sure where to go next. He loved teaching and conducting research, but there were few positions at large research universities where he could mix these two elements. But with the University of Mary Washington,… Read more »
- Donors Go ‘All In’ to Break Mary Wash Giving Day RecordThe UMW family, across the country and across the world, came together to make history Tuesday, March 19, on Mary Wash Giving Day. During the 24-hour online fundraising marathon, donors in 45 states and seven countries made 3,533 gifts totaling $586,493* to benefit students and programs across the University, including… Read more »
- Peace Corps Top Producer: UMW Alums Serve GloballyPasha was cutting a heart from a piece of paper when his scissors slipped and his finger started to bleed. The wound didn’t hurt the middle-school boy as badly as the words of his classmates, who – worried that Pasha could have HIV – shrieked in fright that his blood… Read more »
- Cybersecurity Program to Boost Regional WorkforceThe University of Mary Washington will launch a new cybersecurity certification program – the only one of its kind in the Fredericksburg region – thanks to a $110,000 grant recently announced by Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam. Supplemented by equal matching funds, the Virginia Initiative for Growth and Opportunity (GO Virginia)… Read more »