The University of Mary Washington will host a series of open forums to solicit community input on the search for the 10th president of the university starting Tuesday, August 25.
The forums will provide students, faculty, staff and the Fredericksburg community with the opportunity to provide thoughts on the characteristics and background needed in our next president, as well as the challenges and opportunities ahead for the new president. Information gathered will assist in cultivating a strong pool of candidates for the position.
The forums will be hosted at the following times and locations:
- Tuesday, August 25, 4-5:30 p.m., Information and Technology Convergence Center, Digital Auditorium
- Wednesday, August 26, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Information and Technology Convergence Center, Room 210
- Wednesday, August 26, 4-5:30 p.m., Stafford Campus, University Hall
- Thursday, August 27, Noon-1:30 p.m., Eagle Village, Room 400
- Thursday, August 27, 4-5:30 p.m., Information and Technology Convergence Center, Digital Auditorium
The forums are hosted by the Presidential Search Advisory Committee in conjunction with Baker and Associates LLC, the executive search firm partnering with the university in the search. Marin Baker and Matthew Cullinan, representatives of the firm, will be on-site for all open forums.
In addition to the open forums, Baker and Cullinan will meet with a number of key stakeholder groups and individuals including University Faculty Council, the Alumni Board of Directors, Fredericksburg area community leaders, the Staff Advisory Council, student leaders and members of the President’s Cabinet. Additionally, the consultants met with the UMW Foundation Board and the Board of Visitors at their recent summer planning meeting.
An online submission form is available for those not able to attend the open forums.
For more information about the presidential search, visit http://president.umw.edu/search.