After an entire break of unseasonal weather, a wintry mix has caused the closure of all three UMW campuses – Fredericksburg, Stafford and Dahlgren. Please see below for guidance regarding the workday:
· Employees whose job duties allow them to telework will be expected to do so.
· Supervisors will add Emergency Closing Leave, as necessary, to timecards of non-essential employees who are not able to telework.
· If an employee has the means to telework but chooses not to, another leave type must be requested. (For more information on leave, supervisors should see pages 29 and 30 of the MyTime Supervisor Manual.)
· Employees should check with their supervisor if they are unsure of their designated employee status, and supervisors should communicate with their employees regarding expectations.
· Employees who are designated as essential and required to work on campus during authorized closings are paid their regular rate of pay for hours worked and granted compensatory leave for the hours worked.