In an effort to adhere to COVID-19 safety restrictions and social distancing guidelines, UMW will be holding a virtual Family Weekend this Fall: Thursday, October 29 – Sunday, November 1, 2020. The full 2020 schedule with information, videos, and links is available under the “Schedule of Events” tab on the left. Below is a recap of the exciting line-up!
- Historic Virtual Tour of Brompton, home of the UMW President
- Civil War Virtual Walking Tour of UMW, presented by the Historic Preservation Club
- Live “Travel Thursday” Q&A with the Center for International Education, recent study abroad students, and their parents (Thursday, 10/29 @ 3:00 p.m.)
- Live Beginner Yoga Zoom class hosted by Campus Recreation (Saturday, 10/31 @ 10:00 a.m.)
- “Late Night Humor & the American Presidency” presented by acclaimed author and UMW professor, Dr. Stephen Farnsworth.
- Chemistry Department *Magic* Show
- Live Taste of Asia, UMW’s annual celebration of Asian culture (Saturday, 10/31 @ 4:00 p.m.)
- A Coaches Update given by the Athletics Department
- Faculty Presentation: “COVID-19 – the Curve, the Markets, and the Numbers” as well as the entire Summer 2020 “COVID-19 in Context” online course.
- Latino Identities Month Keynote Musical Performance: Quimbao
- The History & Traditions of UMW with Dr. William Crawley, Director of the Great Lives Lectures Series.
- College of Business “Prepping for Interviews” discussion with Q&A.
- …and more!
Want to send a Candy Gram to your student that can be picked up at the end of October? Simply fill out the registration form and a complimentary bag of sweet treats will be available for your student at the office of Student Activities & Engagement. They will receive an e-mail when ready! https://umw.presence.io/form/virtual-family-weekend-candy-gram-registration