Earn Two Degrees In Five Years With The UMW MSGA 4+1 Program!
Now you can earn two degrees in approximately five years right here at UMW! Polish your GIS skills and enhance your analysis abilities. Gain the edge you need to establish your position in a fast-growing and in-demand industry. The UMW MSGA 4+1 program is designed to prepare our students for success through a small class environment with experienced faculty, practical coursework, and a remarkable capstone experience.
Undergraduate students may apply for provisional admission to the MSGA in the second semester of their junior year. For instance, this program is designed for students of any major, but they must have completed at least two GIS courses.
Once admitted, the student would take MSGA 510, Spatial Thinking in the fall semester of their senior year, and MSGA 520, GeoDesign and GeoVisualization, in the spring semester of their senior year. These courses are not sequenced and may be taken in either order.
College of Arts and Sciences Admission Requirements
- 70 completed credits of Undergraduate study
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 and at least two GIS courses with a grade of B or higher in each
- One letter of recommendation from a UMW professor attesting to GIS experience
- For students starting their senior year in the fall, the deadline is February 18th.
- For students starting their senior year in the spring, the deadline is September 30th.
- For students starting their senior year in the fall, the deadline is February 17th.
Please contact Graduate Admissions at (540) 286-8030 or Email us at email@example.com, or you can fill out our Request for More Information Form. Feel free to visit our social media as well.