Our 36-credit MBA program is simplified to fit your life!
Whether you are developing managerial skills, seeking career advancement, or cultivating an entrepreneurial advantage, a master’s degree in business administration MBA will put you on the path to success. For example, UMW combines theory with practice while graduate business students earn their degrees. As a result, you will gain a thorough understanding of best practices in the competitive business environment and be prepared for a position of advanced responsibility and leadership.
- Quality Instruction- AACSB accredited.
- All professional backgrounds welcome.
- GRE/GMAT waiver options are available.
- No business prerequisite courses are required.
- Enroll full or part-time.
- Above all, courses are offered through online, hybrid, and face-to-face delivery methods.
For instance, you will be prepared for a leadership position in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurial ventures. Subsequently, graduates of UMW’s MBA program have landed positions with organizations such as:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- General Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin
- JP Morgan Chase
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- Northrop Grumman
Importantly, to enroll during the fall semester, the suggested filing date is Aug 1st, for spring, the suggested filing date is Nov 15th, for the summer term, it is April 1st. To clarify, UMW accepts post-filing date applications on a rolling, space-available basis.
- Firstly, complete the Online Application for Admission.
- Certainly, have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or University unless utilizing a GMAT or GRE waiver.
- In addition, official transcripts may also be required to verify transfer coursework.
- Further, a current résumé, preferably with at least two years of professional or technical work experience.
- Meanwhile, students who have five or more years of professional post-baccalaureate work experience or already have a terminal degree conferred on a transcript can seek to have GMAT/GRE requirements waived.
- Similarly, official scores from a GMAT or GRE taken within the last five years may be required. Use UMW test code 5398.
- Lastly, international students may need to submit an International Transcript Evaluation and demonstration of English Language Proficiency.
Most importantly, UMW offers MBA courses in various formats (hybrid, online, and face-to-face), Including an evening program at our Stafford campus designed for those with job and family responsibilities in mind. For instance, most classes meet one night per week for eight weeks. Certainly, take a full course load to finish in two years or less, or take one course at a time. To clarify, degree completion must be achieved within six years.
MBA Course Requirements Are (36 credits)
Required Core Courses (30 credits) — all courses are GBUS courses and 3 credits.
501 Foundations of Accounting and Quantitative Analysis
502 Foundations of Global Marketing and Management
503 Foundations of Financial Markets
521 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
523 Marketing Strategy
525 Management Information Systems
526 Quantitative Business Modeling
527 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
528 Financial Management
529 Strategic Management
Electives (6 credits)
In addition, six credits from any other 500-level GBUS or MMIS course.
In conclusion, You can click here for the full MBA program catalog.