Welcome to Graduate Admissions
Graduate Admissions Menu.
Graduate Admissions Quick Help
Frequently Asked Questions
Applications & Checklists
Dates and Deadlines
Change Entry Term
Graduate Degrees and Programs Home
M.Ed. for Professional Development or Added Endorsement
Education Endorsement and Certificate Programs
Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program
Master of Science in Geospatial Analysis
Master of Business Administration MBA
M.Ed. with Initial Teacher Licensure
Graduate Pathway Programs
UMW MSGA 4+1 Program
Eagle MBA 4+1 Program
Admitted Student Communities
Graduate Tuition & Aid
starts with you.
No prerequisites, flexible formats, and only 36 credits
- Quality instruction- AACSB accredited.
- All professional backgrounds are welcome.
- GMAT now optional.
- No business prerequisite courses are required.
- Enroll full or part-time.
- Courses are offered through online, hybrid, and face-to-face delivery methods.
Degree completion timeline
502 Foundations of Global Marketing and Management
503 Foundations of Financial Markets
521 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
523 Marketing Strategy
525 Management Information Systems
526 Quantitative Business Modeling
527 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
528 Financial Management
529 Strategic Management
Electives (6 credits)
Six credits from any other 500-level GBUS or MMIS course.
You can click here for the full MBA program catalog.
- Completed application for admission. You can find the application online
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Résumé outlining work experience and education.
- A goal statement describing the applicant’s professional goals (500-word minimum)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from a current or previous supervisor or former college instructor).
- Make sure to check all details for international student applications.
- Demonstration of English competency if English is not your native language. Any of the following is acceptable:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – a minimum score of 88 on the Internet-based test or a 570 paper-based score.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — a minimum score of 6.5 on the academic exam, ielts.org.
- Certificate of completion from the ELS Language Centers (ELS) Intensive English Program by completing Level 112.