Tomorrow’s business starts with you.
No prerequisites. Flexible formats. 36 credits.
Whether you are developing managerial skills, seeking career advancement, or cultivating an entrepreneurial advantage, a master’s degree in business administration MBA will put you on the path to success. UMW combines theory with practice while graduate business students earn their degrees. You will gain a thorough understanding of best practices in the competitive business environment for a position of advanced responsibility and leadership.
- Quality instruction- AACSB accredited.
- All professional backgrounds are welcome.
- GMAT now optional.
- No business prerequisite courses are required.
- Enroll full or part-time.
- Courses are offered through online, hybrid, and face-to-face delivery methods.
You will be prepared for a leadership position in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurial ventures. Graduates of UMW’s MBA program have landed positions with organizations such as:
UMW offers MBA courses in various formats (hybrid, online, and face-to-face), Including an evening program designed for those with job and family responsibilities in mind. Most classes meet one night per week for eight weeks. Take a full course load to finish in two years or less, or take one course at a time. The student must achieve degree completion within six years.
MBA course requirements are 36 credits
Required core courses (30 credits)
All courses are GBUS courses and three credits.
- 501 Foundations of Accounting and Quantitative Analysis
- 502 Foundations of Global Marketing and Management
- 503 Foundations of Financial Markets
- 521 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- 523 Marketing Strategy
- 525 Management Information Systems
- 526 Quantitative Business Modeling
- 527 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- 528 Financial Management
- 529 Strategic Management
Electives (6 credits)
Six credits from any other 500-level GBUS or MMIS course.
You can click here for the full MBA program catalog.
The suggested filing dates for the fall semester are Priority Jun 1, Standard Jul 1, and Space Available Aug 1. The spring suggested filing dates are Priority Nov 1, Standard Dec 1, and Space Available Jan 1. The summer filing dates are Priority Mar 15, Standard Apr 15, and Space Available May 15. UMW does accept post-filing date applications on a rolling, space-available basis. The Spring 2023 semester for the Master of Business Administration program will be the final intake of International graduate MBA students seeking a residential (in-person) program. The application deadline for international students seeking admission will be Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- Completed application for admission. You can find the application online
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Résumé outlining work experience and education.
- A goal statement describing the applicant’s professional goals (500-word minimum)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from a current or previous supervisor or former college instructor).
- Make sure to check all details for international student applications.
- Demonstration of English competency if English is not your native language. Any of the following is acceptable:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – a minimum score of 88 on the Internet-based test or a 570 paper-based score.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — a minimum score of 6.5 on the academic exam, ielts.org.
- Certificate of completion from the ELS Language Centers (ELS) Intensive English Program by completing Level 112.
The tuition and mandatory fees outlined below have been approved by the Board of Visitors and are effective for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
How can I learn more about UMW’s MBA program?
Please contact Graduate Admissions at (540) 654-5862 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can fill out our Request for More Information Form. Feel free to visit our social media as well.