Your leadership journey matters.Graduate Applications
Whether developing managerial skills, seeking career advancement, or cultivating an entrepreneurial advantage, a master’s degree in business administration MBA will put you on the path to success. UMW combines theory with practice while graduate business students earn their degrees. You will gain a thorough understanding of best practices in the competitive business environment for a position of advanced responsibility and leadership.
- Quality instruction- AACSB accredited.
- All professional backgrounds are welcome.
- GMAT is now optional.
- No business prerequisite courses are required.
- Enroll full or part-time.
- Courses are offered through online delivery methods.
You will be prepared for a leadership position in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurial ventures. Graduates of UMW’s MBA program have landed positions with organizations such as:
Successful completion of all required core course and elective courses with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher is required to meet degree requirements. All required coursework must be completed within six years of matriculation into the program.
MBA Course Requirements (30 Credits)
- GBUS 503 Foundations in Financial Markets 3
- GBUS 521 Leadership and Organizational Behavior 3
- GBUS 523 Marketing Strategy 3
- GBUS 525 Management Information Systems 3
- GBUS 526 Quantitative Business Modeling 3
- GBUS 527 Accounting for Decision Making and Control 3
- GBUS 528 Financial Management 3
- GBUS 529 Strategic Management 3
- Select 6 additional credits chosen from any other 500-level GBUS or MMIS course. 6
- Total Credits 30
You can click here for the full MBA program catalog.
The suggested filing dates for the fall semester are Priority Jun 1, Standard Jul 1, and Space Available Aug 1. The spring suggested filing dates are Priority Nov 1, Standard Dec 1, and Space Available Jan 1. The summer filing dates are Priority Mar 15, Standard Apr 15, and Space Available May 15. UMW does accept post-filing date applications on a rolling, space-available basis. The Spring 2023 semester for the Master of Business Administration program was the final intake of International graduate MBA students seeking a residential (in-person) program. The application deadline for international students seeking admission will be Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- Completed application for admission. You can find the application online
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Résumé outlining work experience and education.
- A goal statement describing the applicant’s professional goals (500-word minimum)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from a current or previous supervisor or former college instructor).
- Make sure to check all details for international student applications.
- Demonstration of English competency if English is not your native language. Any of the following is acceptable:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – a minimum score of 88 on the Internet-based test or a 570 paper-based score.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) — a minimum score of 6.5 on the academic exam, ielts.org.
- Certificate of completion from the ELS Language Centers (ELS) Intensive English Program by completing Level 112.
The Board of Visitors has approved the tuition and mandatory fees outlined below, effective for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.