- Jan 21: Themed Living Communities (TLC) application open
- Feb 8: Housing and Dining Application opens for 2018-2019
- Feb 16: Themed Living Communities (TLC) application closes
- Mar 2: Housing and Dining Application DUE for students with approved ODR accommodations
- Mar 5-9: ODR Housing Agreement go out to student via UMW email address
- Mar 14: ALL Housing and Dining Application DUE for returning 2018-2019 students
- Mar 15-16: Pre-process assignments for TLC and Flexible Housing go out to students via UMW email address
- March 19: Homesteading process opens; students who have signed up to homestead will choose their room space on this day
- Mar 20: Homestead roommate process opens; students who have homesteaded can pull in roommates from their roommate groups on this day
- Mar 21: Displaced students and UMW contest winners process opens; students who were displaced and notified by Residence Life and Housing as well as contest winners will select their rooms and pull in roommates on this day
- Mar 22-23: General room selection begins; all students will log in during their time slot and select their room space as well as assign their own roommates during this time
Options for Upperclassmen
- Manual Assignment by Residence Life and Housing – students who have an approved ODR accommodation, are opting in to Flexible Housing, or are on a submitted Themed Living Community roster, will be assigned manually to a room. Please see timeline for when this happens for each group.
- Homesteading/Same Room Sign Up – students who currently reside in an upperclass hall have the opportunity to select their same room for the following year, if available. Students will be asked during the application process if they plan to Homestead and will receive confirmation on the availability of their room for this process. Students whose rooms are not available for Homesteading will be classified as “displaced” and will have their own time to go into the housing portal and select their room.
- Self Select a Room– students who are not part of the aforementioned groups will be assigned a room selection time to go into the Housing portal and select a space from all available rooms. If part of a verified roommate group, the group leader will assign all group members during their selection time.
To learn more about these options, please read further on the Housing Selection Processes web page.