It is our mission to provide a safe and secure environment for the University of Mary Washington community by promoting community-oriented customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism. We are committed to the expert development of our officers and the prevention and solving of crimes to improve the quality of the campus community.
We believe in keeping it “REIL”.
Respect: We will treat everyone with dignity and equality while valuing each others’ differences and opinions.
Educate:We will proactively cultivate learning among the campus community by engaging in diverse activities.
Inspire: We will encourage the University community to become active participants who are dedicated to creating a better society.
Lead: We will be leaders in displaying and reflecting the unique strengths, culture, values, and beliefs of the University of Mary Washington.
We aim to:
- Provide for a safe and secure campus environment that allows the University to perform its mission.
- Provide positive leadership role models for students to emulate.
- Promote and enhance community partnerships and policing activities.
- Harness and promote the use of proven technology for policing.
- Understand and promote an environment in which all personnel are committed to a professional code of ethics, accountability, and personal responsibility.