The Community Advisory Board (CAB) will be comprised of students, faculty, staff, administration and UMW Police; it will serve as a bridge between the campus community and UMW Police. The Community Advisory Board will recommend reforms to reflect best practices in bias-free, inclusive policing and develop a process to continuously review and assess the effectiveness of campus policing policies and procedures, while also actively working to ensure alignment with accreditation standards.
The purpose of the Community Advisory Board is to reinforce the community policing philosophy embraced by the UMW Police. Through its representation from various stakeholders, the CAB will support the UMW Police’s efforts to promote transparency of operations and services in affirmation of their mission to provide a safe and secure environment for the University of Mary Washington. CAB recommendations and input will help the Chief of Police and UMW Police staff improve their operations and make community-informed decisions.
The committee consists of the following members:
- Dr. Juliette Landphair, Vice President for Student Affairs, Interim Chair
- 1st Sergeant Cornelius, UMW Police
- Dr. Bridget Brew, Assistant Professor, Sociology and Anthropology
- Arin Doerfler, Sr. Accountant-Fixed Assets
- JoAnna Raucci, Associate Director, James Farmer Multicultural Center
- Dr. Danny Tweedy, Associate Professor, English and Linguistics
- Nahjah Wilson, UMW Student
- Brian Wolf, UMW Student, Resident Assistant
- Mike Hall, Assoc. Vice President of Public Safety and Chief of Police
- Dr. Shavonne Shorter, Associate Provost for Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer