For information on important payment policies, please visit the Student Accounts website or call 540-654-1250.
Tuition bills are available online through EaglePAY.
- An email notification will be sent to the student’s UMW email address (once the bills are available).
- Typical semester bill dates:
- Fall semester: mid-July
- Spring semester: mid-November
- Bills are typically due a few weeks after they are generated.
- All new charges or unpaid account balances will be billed periodically throughout the semester.
Payment Plans open:
- Fall semester: end of May
- Spring semester: end of October
- ACH: no fees
- credit cards: subject to a service fee.
Financial Aid must be offered and accepted by the due date of the bill.
Outside Scholarships must be received by the due date of the bill.
We encourage online payments through EaglePAY in order to avoid any mailing delays. Please note that any accounts with past due balances are subject to holds and late fees.
Students are highly encouraged to sign up an Authorized Payer, including a parent. Often students add family members as Authorized Payers on their account. Authorized Payers will receive an automated email notification with the login name informing them that they have been authorized. The student will provide the initial password to the authorized payer, which can be changed later. Each billing cycle, both the student and authorized payers will receive an email notifying them that the online bill has been sent. Students and Authorized Payers receive a link in their email that takes them directly to the EaglePAY login page. Authorized Payers have individual access to view and pay on accounts.
To enroll an Authorized Payer:
- Go to EaglePAY
- Click on Students and enter UMW log-in information
- Click on Authorize Payer
- Click on Add New
Are you expecting a refund from your student account or financial aid? Sign up for direct deposit! Normally paper refund checks are sent to your campus mailbox, which you may share with other students. UMW highly recommends that students sign up for direct deposit so that the funds can go directly into the student’s bank account. Direct deposit can help avoid additional delay in mailing a check. To register for direct deposit, follow the instructions below. You will receive an email when funds are transmitted, but keep in mind that it can take 3-4 business days from the time of transmittal and email for the funds to be deposited and available.
- Click on myUMW
- Enter UMW log-in information
- Click on Eagle Gateway, under “Featured”
- Go to the navy blue tab labeled “Finances”
- Click on “Direct Deposit”
- Enter your bank information
You will find more information regarding refunds and direct deposit on the Student Accounts website. If you have additional questions about refunds or direct deposit, please contact the Office of Student Accounts by email at email@example.com or by phone at 540-654-1250. You can also contact Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-654-1225.