Students selected for verification are required to complete a verification form, along with other types of requested documentation. There are several different types of verification (V1, V5). Each verification type has different requirements based on students’ unique situations. Students are only selected for one type of Verification (V1, V5) and therefore only need to complete one corresponding Verification Worksheet.
2018-2019 Verification Forms:
2019-2020 Verification Forms:
- 2019/20 V1 Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students
- 2019/20 V1 Verification Worksheet for Independent Students
- 2019/20 V5 Verification Worksheet – electronic form coming soon!
- Upload your 2017 Verification Tax Documentation
- IRS Tax Return Transcript
All parents and independent students will be required by federal regulation to submit all W2’s or other wage statements. Students and/or parents that did not file a tax return are required to submit a Verification of Non-Filing letter, which can be ordered free of charge through www.irs.gov, or by completing an IRS form 4506-T ( https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf ).
A list of each student’s specific financial aid requirements can be viewed at any time through the student myUMW portal by accessing the Eagle Gateway.