A UMW financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are tied to a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity.
In doing so, a UMW financial aid professional will:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate and unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidation or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (such as reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity
- Disclose to UMW, in such manner as UMW prescribes, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid