Students have 5 business days from the date of notification of residence hall charges to appeal. Appeal procedures are detailed below.
How to appeal a residence life charge:
- Review the email from Residence Life that contains information about the charge(s) assessed.
- Review the explanation of Damage Detail Codes.
- Review the criteria for appeal:
- You believe that the charge was assessed in error (i.e. the damage was noted on your Room Condition Inventory at the time of move-in).
- You have information to verify that the damage was caused by someone else (i.e. a signed note from another UMW student taking responsibility for the damage).
- Submit the appeal below.
- All appeal requests must be submitted by the UMW student assessed the charge.
- Residence Life staff cannot discuss charges or appeal requests with anyone other than the student without the student’s written consent.
- Charges will be added to the student’s account after the deadline for appeal has passed.
- Once an appeal request is submitted, a decision will be communicated via e-mail within ten business days.