Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines
Submitting financial aid information before the published deadline will ensure that students receive the maximum amount of financial aid for which they are eligible.
Submitting items after the deadline may result in:
- Loss of eligibility for limited state grant funds
- Delay in processing leading to a billing late fee
- Delay in buying textbooks
If you are having trouble meeting these deadlines for any reason, please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Our staff will be happy to assist you and determine the best way to proceed with the financial aid process.
The FAFSA is available on:
- January 1
The FAFSA must be filed by:
- Freshmen/Continuing Students: March 1
- Transfer Students (First Year): April 1
- If selected for FAFSA verification for the fall semester, all documentation and FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval must be submitted by July 1.
Online Scholarship Application
- Available: February 1
- Deadline: May 1
Can apply up to one month prior to the start of classes on myUMW portal.
- Fall Semester Deadline: October 1
- Spring Semester Deadline: February 1