Financial Aid Dates and Deadlines
Submitting financial aid information before the published FAFSA and Verification deadlines will ensure that students receive the maximum amount of financial aid.
Students may submit a FAFSA at any time during the academic year to be considered for Federal Direct Loans and Federal grants.
However, submitting the FAFSA and other Verification documentation after the FAFSA and Verification deadlines may result in:
- Loss of eligibility for limited state grant funds
- Delay in processing leading to a billing late fee
- Delay in buying textbooks
If you are having trouble meeting these deadlines for any reason, please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Our staff will be happy to assist you and determine the best way to proceed with the financial aid process.
The FAFSA is available on:
- October 1
FAFSA Filing Deadlines:
- Incoming Freshmen Students: February 1
- Transfer Students (First Year): April 1
- All UMW Continuing Students: February 1
- If selected for FAFSA verification and applying for UMW Foundation Scholarships, all documentation must be submitted by June 1st.
- Otherwise, you must submit the verification documents no later than July 1st for the financial aid to be applied to your bill on time.
Online Scholarship Application
- Available: February 6
- Deadline: May 1