The oldest residence hall, Willard is named for Frances Willard, a well-known temperance leader remembered for her involvement with the prohibition movement. Completed in 1911, Willard is representative of Mary Washington’s bygone days. In addition to being the first hall built, Willard once contained a dining hall and a post office. Willard houses 92 upper-class men and women.
Willard is centrally located between Virginia Hall and Woodard Campus Center, and faces the Palmieri Plaza fountain. Willard houses students in single-occupancy rooms and features small hall bathrooms shared by no more than five students each. Additionally, Willard is a centrally air-conditioned building!